This category contains mainly sites whose primary focus is to allow UK consumers to select and obtain goods and services from their own home.
Common examples include:
- Integrated online shopping-cart systems that allow the user to order directly over the Web
- Systems that allow the user to generate an order form to be sent to the merchant via fax or mail.
- Simple directories of products and prices that the user can order via mail or phone.
The key is that the site contains three elements:
- Lists of products for sale,
- Prices in £ Sterling [GBP] and
- Information on how the consumer can obtain the product from his or her own home.
This category also lists chains of stores (major retailers) which have a real, physical presence, and which have branches throughout the United Kingdom.
Please suggest sites for such businesses to the most appropriate topical subcategory, or, where they sell many different products, to the General Merchandise category.